Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Golden Rules Of Eating Fruits





By Shabnamahsan

Fruits are the manifestation of nature’s love for men. They are excellent for keeping our bodies hale & hearty. To derive the maximum benefits we should follow some guidelines

Eat With Skin

Apple, guava, peaches & other thin skinned fruits have their nutrients just below their skin which will be eliminated if we skin them. So we must eat them with their skin on.

Cut & Eat Immediately

If we leave fruits after cutting they react with oxygen & lose their vital elements & become breeding ground of a lot of germs. So eat fruits soon after cutting them.

Eat Before Sunset

According to the Ayurveda there are certain type of fruits like banana, guava, papaya & all those fruits which have their pulp somewhat watery should not be eaten after sunset because by the dusk they become heavier & difficult to digest. The ideal time to eat fruits is the breakfast time.

No Knife

The use of knife in cutting fruits should be minimal so as to preserve the vital nutrients which get destroyed by the sharp edge of the knife.
Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Popping over from blog Frog. This is the best time of year for fruits where I live. The fresh cherries and peaches and apricots! My favorite fruits in abundance. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been on a fruit kick lately - trying to eat a little bit healthier and all. Good tips to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fruit plate makes me want to run to the store for fruit of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never thought about the ideal time to eat fruits before, thus the Golden Rules (the information about the impact of light on the fruits we eat)just gave me a good shake. Thank you very much for these awakening indeed news.
    The healthy tips were not only healthful but expanded my horizons in metaphorical sense too. Best wishes from grateful Butterfly in the Plaster

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi varunner
    thanks a lot varunner for visiting ....do visit again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chels
    glad to know that you liked...happy healthy eating

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jeanhasbeenshopping
    bring some for me also so we can have together hehheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tomas
    Ayurveda is India's ancient traditional medicinal system which deals not only the disease but the life of men.In western world it considered as a form of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).Its my pleasure that you liked my post...please keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo looks like a rainbow with all the colors! Now I was some kiwi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here via BlogFrog.
    I am going to have to visit the fruit section of the store tonight. I love it when things that are good for you also taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz
    yups fruits look as great as it taste..keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracie
    do visit the fruit section of your store & take me along with you...we both will enjoy the beauty & goodness of the fruits...thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i was unaware about the knife one. Wow..Good tips. I will follow them :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Widgets

Like my work? Buy me a Coffee